Monday, December 29, 2008

Recap of 2008

  • I went to Chicago for the first time. The architecture was beautiful. The local food was quite good, nearly as good as the Neapolitan fare I had in 2007.
  • Cycled through New York City and reconnected with old family relations.
  • Kept up with the martial arts. Competed twice.
  • Almost up to 5 years without a broken bone!!!
  • Worked another year with Python and Plone. Started to work professionally with Django.
  • Stayed with NASA. Managed to see my team evolve into a group that doesn't make me want to pull out my non-existent hair.
  • Got my son into physical fitness again.
  • Shaved my head.
  • Got our finances more in order.
  • Helped shepherd my students forward for the most part. I'm so proud of them.
  • Didn't lose anyone close to me.
Update:
  • Lasted another year (4 years) at NASA.
  • Had a painful kidney ailment in the spring that was a combination of bruising and dehydration.

No comments: