Friday, August 22, 2008

Fitness update

Me

So I started lifting weights again on my birthday after a month-long hiatus. Had to do it because I didn't like my arms feeling rubbery when I did't flex them. I completely changed my routine, focusing mostly on freeweights, starting with as heavy as I can go on something for a full set and then doing secondary and tertiary sets with lighter weights, with the later exercises including auxiliary muscle work. I'm liking the results a lot.

Now that he's started up again, I train in TKD every time the kid trains. Its nice not to be a teacher and just focus on me for a few hours each week. On the plus side, to get a full workout I need to bike from work (12 miles) then train or the class is too easy. This is a good thing especially since...

As of December 2007 I'm eligible to test for my 3rd degree black belt in TKD. I'm not sure I'm going to do it, but I'm thinking about. I plan to make a decision by the end of this month, August 2008.

As for cycling, trying to do it every day except mapbe fridays. My bike has issues, like a seat that won't adjust, so I may have to get a new bike. I've got my eyes open on craiglist for something nearby that is affordable. Next month I do 102 miles in NYC with JSR and my brother.

Kid

He's going to the gym with his mom for treadmill and cycling work. He also rides his bike a lot. And he has decided in TKD he wants to double test in October. He'll have to work hard or that because that he could fail and onl get one belt.

He has a couple pending free personal training sessions he can use. I want him to do these because he ought to be doing weights. But I'm making a point of not pushing him.

Jen

Cycling and treadmilling plus now circuit training. Woot!

No comments: